Membership to ARCH is open to any person who supports the objectives of ARCH and meets the criteria set out in our by-law. Members must also agree with the objectives of ARCH Disability Law Centre which are to:
- Identify key legal disability issues and conduct test-case litigation;
- Monitor and respond to law and policy developments affecting persons with disabilities;
- Provide legal representation, summary advice and referral for individual persons with disabilities;
- Provide education to the public and the legal profession on disability-related law;
- Maintain a range of publicly available publications and legal materials;
- Undertake a variety of community development activities.
Members of ARCH can receive our print or electronic newsletter ARCH Alert and other electronic information from ARCH and are eligible to vote at our Annual General Meeting. Membership in the Centre is open to any person who meets the following criteria and whose application for membership the Board approves:
(a) resides in the Province of Ontario;
(b) is at least eighteen (18) years of age;
(c) is not an 'un-discharged bankrupt';
(d) has not been dismissed as an employee of the Centre, has not taken legal action against the Centre in the preceding ten years, and does not have litigation pending against the Centre.
You can become a member up to 30 days before the AGM. Only members whose applications or renewals have been approved by the Board at least thirty (30) days prior to the AGM and whose names appear on the eligibility list are all eligible to vote at that meeting.
Once approved by the ARCH Board of Directors, your membership shall run for 3 years. It will expire the day after the 3rd Annual General Meeting (AGM), from when your membership was approved.
All information provided on this form will be kept strictly confidential.
Following the third AGM, you will receive a notice to renew your membership. If you do not renew your membership by a specified amount of time, your membership will expire and you will have to re-apply as a new member.