PRIVATE BAR REFERRAL PROGRAM
Join our Private Bar Referral Program!
Expand your practice!
Promote equal access to justice!
You can lawyer in the public interest –
in your area of expertise!
Why it matters
- many areas of law impact people with disabilities
- many areas are outside our scope of practice and that of other clinics
many people with disabilities do not qualify for legal aid
How we will support you
- lawyer to lawyer consults on disability aspects of case. Lawyers can contact our reception to book a telephone appointment with an ARCH lawyer
- ARCH Disability Law Primer: a free resource for lawyers. To access the Primer in English and French, please visit this link: https://goo.gl/xKAF9J
- free Continuing Professional Development on disability issues
- Access Awareness Symposium 2016: Celebrating Action: Developmental Services and Legal Rights, is now available for online viewing. This CPD program, provided in partnership by ARCH and The Law Society of Upper Canada, is archived and webcast. The program highlighted the history of activism by persons labelled with intellectual disabilities and discussed present day concerns, including issues related to reproductive rights. Community leaders spoke about their current advocacy efforts and how this work should inform law and policy. To access that program at no cost please visit https://goo.gl/V86GqK.
On Access Awareness Event (June 4, 2015), ARCH Disability Law Centre and the Law Society of Upper Canada present Law Society Public Education Equality Series: The Carter decision on physician- assisted dying: where do people with disabilities go from here?
Find the link below to the archived webcast. If a window appears upon opening this link which asks for your First Name, Last Name, Email and Company. It is NOT NECESSARY to provide your personal information here, instead enter a letter or character in each space and select the “Submit” button. You will be directed to the webcast. https://goo.gl/stgH9r
- Access Awareness Symposium 2014, Advancing Disability Rights in Theory and Practice, provided in partnership by ARCH and the Law Society of Upper Canada. That CPD program is archived and web-cast. To access the program at no cost, please visit https://goo.gl/1USGYH
- ARCH Disability Law Primer Launch: Protecting the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, provided in partnership by ARCH and the Ontario Bar Association. That CPD program is archived and webcast. To access the program at no cost, please visit https://goo.gl/xKAF9J
- Access Awareness Symposium 2013, Achieving Autonomy and Inclusion for Racialized People with Disabilities: Examples from Immigration and Family Law, provided in partnership by ARCH and the Law Society of Upper Canada. That CPD program is archived and web-cast. To access the program at no cost, please visit https://goo.gl/KAnmQD
- recognition for community service!
How to join
- complete and return the form attached below
- accept referrals in your area of practice
ideally give initial consultation at no charge - highly appreciated!
Participating lawyers can also use this form to update their information.
Please return the form by email, fax or mail to:
ARCH Disability Law Centre
55 University Avenue
Fax: 416-482-8255 or 1-866-881-2723
Kindly contact us directly should you have further questions.
Please circulate this information to other lawyers who may be interested.
Thank you for increasing access to legal services for people with disabilities!